As a first-time Mom, I always knew diaper wipes were a necessity. Especially during those “poopy” times. What I didn’t know was that you can actually create your own wipes! It’s as easy as 1-2-3 and even reduces your baby expenses.
Using these 3 ingredients below, you can make your own diaper wipes in less than 10 minutes that’ll last you more than 10 days!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclaimer for details.
How to Make Your Own Diaper Wipes
- 2 cups of Water
- 2 tbsp of baby oil or olive oil (I used Johnson’s Baby Oil)
- 2 tbsp of baby wash ( I use what I have – which is Johnson’s Head-to-Toe Baby Wash)
Items You Need:
- 1 paper towel roll (this will be used to make 2 rolls of diaper wipes)
- Container (I recommend a 64 oz. plastic Tupperware or your Pamper’s diaper wipe container works fine too!)
- Bowl (to mix your ingredients together!)
1. Cut your paper towel roll in half (and yes, you can actually use a knife to cut it!) You should be left with 2 rolls.
The rest of the steps below applies to one roll. You can repeat the following steps for the other roll!
2. Place one of your paper towel roll in your container and set it aside. Grab your bowl and pour in 2 cups of water, 2 tbsp of baby oil, and 2 tbsp of baby wash. Stir to incorporate!
3. Pour this mixture over your paper towel roll.
4. Slowly pull out the cardboard tube in the middle.
5. Using the lid to the Tupperware, place it on top of the towel roll and push it down. This will help flatten out the roll to fit your Tupperware.
6. Voila! Now you have your own diaper wipes! See, that was easy, right?!
Tip: To use your diaper wipes, pull out the first sheet of paper from the middle and the sheet will eventually slide out for you to use!
Why I Recommend DIY Diaper Wipes
1. Works just like store-bought ones
In case you’re concerned about making your own diaper wipes, I just want to let you know – it works just like store-bought ones!
Before I made my own diaper wipes, I doubted the power of using paper towels. I mean, it won’t hold as strong as the wipes that you buy from the store, right?
Boy, was I was wrong! It works wonders! Or can I say, even better??
I love that the baby wash fragrance also stays with the wipes so each time you use it, it smells fresh!
2. Saves you money
Let’s lay it out – diaper wipes cost money! I mean, it depends on the amount you’re buying but really, it still costs at least a dollar – and these $1 wipes only last a few days!
Which is not a lot but if you’re buying the big bulks, it’s over $10 for a box!
With 2 rolls of diaper wipes (coming from only 1 paper towel roll), it lasts me up to 3 weeks! Which means, I don’t have to go buy any wipes from the store for that time period.
Sounds inexpensive, right?
3. Saves time!
You’re saving time by making your own and avoiding store-runs for diaper wipes!
You can make it any time at home and it won’t cost you a trip because you’re using items and ingredients that you already have.
Water? Check! Baby wash? Check! Baby oil or olive oil? Check!
4. Ingredient Awareness
The reason why I think it is important to know which ingredients you are using is because some babies have sensitive skin. You may or may not know if your little one will have a reaction to the product you plan to use!
Most diaper wipes use water as their base anyways but it’s still good to know that you’re using ingredients that your baby is already comfortable with!
5. Lasts long
Did I mention that 2 rolls of diaper wipes last up to 3 weeks? Sometimes, even more!
Of course, it also depends on how big your paper towel roll is but if you buy the big chunky rolls, it’ll last you longer than you think!
DIY Diaper Wipes are my new faves, and I’m sure it’ll be yours too!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Make your own diaper wipes using this recipe: 2 cups of water, 2 tbsp of baby oil/olive oil, 2 tbsp of baby wash. #baby #diydiaperwipes #diybaby #diymom” quote=”Make your own diaper wipes using this recipe: 2 cups of water, 2 tbsp of baby oil/olive oil, 2 tbsp of baby wash. #baby #diydiaperwipes #diybaby #diymom”]
Oh, and one more thing.
If you enjoyed this post, please share? Others may find it helpful as well!
Grab Your Freebies Today!
Gain instant access to over 30+ guides, worksheets, planners, and checklists that can help you with Pregnancy, Parenting, Motherhood, or Finance. Also get the latest freebies sent straight to your inbox each month!